National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Administration Building/ Bldg. 101
100 Bureau Dr.
Gaithersburg, MD 20899
||Conference - September 23rd and 24th, 2008
Workshops - September 22nd and 25th, 2008
||National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
National Security Agency
Defense Information Security Agency
Department of Homeland Security
||Security Managers and Staff, IT Professionals Interested in Improving IT Security, Security Professionals Interested in Developing Security Content, Security Content Tool Vendors.
IT executives are particularly encouranged to attend the first day of the conference, which will focus on federal security automation use cases and lessons learned.
||Conference, lecture, workshop, vendor displays.
||Provide a common understanding for how using specific open standards enables automated:
- Vulnerability and security configuration management,
- Measurement for evaluation of the impact of discovered security issues, and
- Policy (FISMA) compliance
- Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Standards: CVE, CCE, CPE, CVSS, XCCDF, OVAL
- Information Security Automation Program (ISAP)
- Automating FISMA, HIPAA, PCI, STIG Compliance
- Private Public Partnerships and Government Collaboration
- Industry Requirements and Standards
- Product Demonstrations
phone: (301) 975-3881
phone: (301) 975-8514
phone: (301) 975-6967
Registration Fee: $95
||A block of rooms has been reserved for the nights of Septermber 22-24, 2008 at the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, Two Montgomery Village Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD 20879. The special rate is $109.00 per night plus 12% tax. Please contact the hotel directly at 301/948-8900. To make your reservation, mention that you are attending the "NIST/ 4th Annual Security Automation Conference and Workshop".