On December 15th, 2023, the NVD plans to retire all legacy data feeds while guiding any remaining data feed users to updated application-programming interfaces (APIs). APIs have many benefits over data feeds and have been the proven and preferred approach to web-based automation for over a decade. For additional information on the NVD API, please visit the developers pages. Click here for more information on the NVD timeline.
Official Common Platform Enumeration (CPE) Dictionary
CPE is a structured naming scheme for information technology systems, software, and packages. Based upon the generic syntax for Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI), CPE includes a formal name format, a method for checking names against a system, and a description format for binding text and tests to a name.
Below is the current official version of the CPE Product Dictionary. The dictionary provides an agreed upon list of official CPE names. The dictionary is provided in XML format and is available to the general public. Please check back frequently as the CPE Product Dictionary will continue to grow to include all past, present and future product releases. The CPE Dictionary is updated nightly when modifications or new names are added.
As of December 2009, The National Vulnerability Database is now accepting contributions to the Official CPE Dictionary. Organizations interested in submitting CPE Names should contact the NVD CPE team at email@example.com for help with the processing of their submission.
The CPE Dictionary hosted and maintained at NIST may be used by nongovernmental organizations on a voluntary basis and is not subject to copyright in the United States. Attribution would, however, be appreciated by NIST.
- Official CPE Dictionary v2.3, gz format - 18.94 MB, Updated: 11/29/2023; 12:35:27 AM -0500
- Official CPE Dictionary v2.3, zip format - 18.94 MB, Updated: 11/29/2023; 12:35:27 AM -0500
- Official CPE Dictionary v2.2, gz format - 22.62 MB, Updated: 11/29/2023; 12:35:27 AM -0500
- Official CPE Dictionary v2.2, zip format - 22.62 MB, Updated: 11/29/2023; 12:35:27 AM -0500
- CPE Dictionary Search
- CPE Dictionary Growth Statistics
CPE Standards Information
- General information on CPE
- The CPE 2.3 XML Schema
- The CPE 2.3 Dictionary Extension XML Schema
- The CPE 2.2 XML Schema